Ankle pain is one of the most annoying and incapacitating, as it is the joint that supports the most weight of all the anatomy, mobility is compromised considerably, also affecting the quality of life of those who suffer from it.
For this reason, medical science has made every effort to develop products and supplements that help both to alleviate ankle pain and to facilitate recovery from any ankle injury suffered.
What are the causes and symptoms of ankle pain?
Pain in the feet and ankles usually appears when trying to move the joint after an injury, although it can also be felt by touch or manifest itself constantly without touching or moving it. These characteristics are essential to know the origin of the ailment.
Ankle pain is usually a consequence of bone or ligament damage, but this is not a constant, as it can also be a clear sign of nerve damage or some other disease. Here are the most common causes:
- Sprain: A sprained ankle can cause the ligaments to tear when forced to perform an unnatural movement. This will cause pain and swelling in the joint.
- Fracture: if the lower head of the tibia or fibula is fractured at its junction with the ankle joint, it will cause swelling in the ankle joint and pain that will make mobility impossible.
- Achilles tendonitis: this is inflammation of the tendon that joins the calf to the heel calcaneus, which will cause pain when trying to flex the ankle for walking or running.
- Achilles tendon rupture: this cord can also rupture if it receives a strong blow or due to the loss of flexibility that occurs over the years, which will cause pain and the inability to stand on the tip of the foot.
- Deltoid rupture: this is the inner lateral ligament of the ankle that usually ruptures due to a violent sprain, causing the ankle to swell and generate a lot of pain.
- Bursitis: when the bursa of the joint becomes inflamed, the joint becomes somewhat stiff and there is a sharp pain when the foot rests on the ground, limiting the simple action of walking.
- Arthritis: wear and tear of the cartilage can cause the ankle to hurt when walking, as well as limiting mobility considerably. The most common forms of arthritis are osteoarthritis, gout and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome: as in the wrist, the tarsal nerve can also become inflamed in the foot, causing pain in the joint.
Ankle pain is often accompanied by other symptoms that give a clearer picture of the source of the problem, making it easier to diagnose and treat as quickly as possible. Some of them are the following:
- Stiffness when moving the ankle.
- Inability to stand on tiptoe.
- Walking limitations.
- Instability of the ankle.
- Warm ankle.
- Crunching when moving the ankle.
- Pain in the sole of the foot.
- Calf pain.
- Instability of calf (if Achilles tendon rupture).
List of the best products to relieve ankle pain
In order to relieve ankle pain as quickly as possible, the correct treatment must be followed, for which you will certainly need certain products developed for this purpose. These types of accessories are useful both to reduce the symptoms after an injury and to prevent injuries.
Ankle Compression Sleeve (Black/Gray)$24.95 Add to cart
Ankle Compression Sleeve (Green/Navy)$24.95 Add to cart
Ankle Compression Sleeve (Pink/Bordeaux)$24.95 Add to cart
Compression Socks (Black/Gray)$24.95 Add to cart
Compression Socks (Green/Navy)$24.95 Add to cart
Compression Socks (Pink/Bordeaux)$24.95 Add to cart
Ice Pack for Foot - Cold Therapy Socks (Black)$24.95 Add to cart
Ice Pack for Foot - Cold Therapy Socks (Green)$24.95 Add to cart
Ice Pack for Foot - Cold Therapy Socks (Pink)$24.95 Add to cart
Microwavable Heated Slippers (Hearts)$29.95 Add to cart
Microwavable Heated Slippers (Oxford)$29.95 Add to cart
Microwavable Heated Slippers (Sport)$29.95 Add to cart
Microwaveable Heating Pad for Pain Relief (Hearts)$24.95 Add to cart
Microwaveable Heating Pad for Pain Relief (Oxford)$24.95 Add to cart
Microwaveable Heating Pad for Pain Relief (Sport)$24.95 Add to cart