One of the most common ailments is headache, which can also have a huge number of causes that can be mild or quite severe, which is why it is important to consult a doctor whenever it occurs repeatedly.
Although there are certain products to alleviate headache pain, we stress the importance of getting an accurate diagnosis of this discomfort as it can be caused by an enormous number of factors.
What are the causes and symptoms of headache and eye pain?
Headache pain can be of two types, a throbbing pain felt inside the head or in the eye socket, or a spot pain felt in the skull or in the face area. Depending on how it manifests itself, a clearer clue to its origin can be obtained.
It is difficult to diagnose the causes of a headache, every headache or eye pain, as there is a huge range of causes that can confuse even doctors. You should therefore describe your symptoms as much as possible in order to find out which of the following factors may be causing it:
- Contusions: receiving a moderate blow to the head can cause pain in a specific area which will also cause a bump or bruise.
- Sinusitis: this problem is caused by inflammation of the paranasal sinuses, which causes pain in the cavities near the nostrils in the forehead and cheekbones.
- Subdural oedema: this is caused by a head injury that results in a build-up of blood in the brain, which in addition to headache can cause dizziness, fever, poor vision and other symptoms.
- Meningitis: this infection can cause headaches as an immunological reaction for the body to defend itself.
- Stress, depression and anxiety: high stress loads can lead to migraine as a manifestation of accumulated tension.
- Viral processes: some viruses such as influenza can cause headaches as a symptom.
- Insomnia: problems falling asleep increase the stress load, resulting in constant headaches.
- Presbyopia: over the years, the ability to focus on objects at close range is gradually lost, which can lead to headaches and pain in the eye socket.
- Myopia: the difficulty in seeing far away gradually develops and in the first few months causes pain in the head when straining the gaze to see distant objects.
- Excessive caffeine: caffeine has many advantages but when consumed in excess it can cause headaches, as well as affecting sleep.
- Excessive consumption of painkillers: overuse of these drugs can lead to constant headaches.
- Pneumonia: the breathing difficulties caused by this infection affect oxygenation in the brain, which causes constant headaches.
A headache is a clear indication that something is wrong with our body, and we should pay attention to it when it is accompanied by any of the following symptoms:
- Memory lapses.
- Poor depth perception.
- Breathing difficulties.
- Increased heart rate.
- Pain in the eye sockets.
- Numbness of the face.
- Nose bleeds.
- Bleeding from the ears.
- Swelling or bruising.
List of the best products for head, face and eye pain relief
Headaches can be relieved temporarily with some products that allow a natural recovery without resorting to drugs. But we remind you of the need to see a doctor when they become recurrent over a long period of time.
Acupressure Mat and Pillow (Black/Gray)
Acupressure Mat and Pillow (Green/Navy)
Acupressure Mat and Pillow (Pink/Bordeaux)
Acupressure Pillow (Black/Gray)
Acupressure Pillow (Green/Navy)
Acupressure Pillow (Pink/Bordeaux)
Gel Eye Mask for Puffy Eyes (Gold/Black)
Gel Eye Mask for Puffy Eyes (Orange/Pink)
Gel Eye Mask for Puffy Eyes (Purple/Turquoise)