Pain in the legs is a discomfort that can completely ruin a day in the life of any person, and if this symptom is prolonged beyond, it turns the simple act of walking into torture, especially if we take into account that the legs are the limbs that support the weight of our body.
Fortunately, there are products that can alleviate this ailment and make recovery more pleasant, thanks to the fact that the sensation of pain is minimised as much as possible, allowing you to return to normal activity as soon as possible.
What are the causes and symptoms of leg pain?
When your legs ache, you may feel a sharp pain in a specific area of the limb, or a recurring pain that does not go away, or only goes away for a short time. This is why the recovery time established by a specialist must be respected in order to avoid relapsing into injuries that may become chronic.
As the legs are the largest limb in the human anatomy and allow us mobility in a comfortable way, when pain appears in them, it can be caused by several factors.
Here are the most common causes of leg pain:
- Fracture of the femur: when this bone is fractured, the pain is acute and is accompanied by swelling in a large part of the leg and even fever.
- Contractures: when a muscle contracts involuntarily, intense pain is generated as soon as it occurs, although this symptom can disappear with stretching and rest.
- Tears: if the hamstrings or quadriceps tear, the pain will be very sharp and will last for several days, even weeks, until the muscle fibres heal completely.
- Diuretics: Medications for fluid retention can cause dehydration and leg cramps, which manifest with pain in the front or back of the leg.
- Tendonitis: some of the tendons that run from the hip to the knee, such as the iliotibial band, can cause leg pain when they become inflamed.
- Herniated disc: if a disc in the spine presses on a nerve, it can cause pain in the lower back that radiates down the legs, especially the upper legs.
- Diabetes: this disease can damage nerves throughout the body causing pain in the legs and other parts of the body.
- Arthritis: when the cartilage in the thigh bone degrades, any increased strain on the hamstring or quadriceps muscles will cause pain in the legs.
- PAD: Peripheral arterial disease is a problem in the blood flow in the legs that causes the blood not to flow well in the legs and causes sharp pains.
Leg pain is usually harmless, but when it is accompanied by other symptoms and becomes recurrent, it can be an indication of circulatory problems.
Among the most important symptoms to look out for are the following:
- Weakness in the legs.
- Pain when trying to walk
- Pain in the knee, hip or ankle joints.
- Muscle pain in quadriceps, hamstrings and calf muscles.
- Numbness or tingling in the legs.
- Weakness or heaviness
- General discomfort
- Loss of mobility
List of the best products to relieve leg pain
To relieve leg pain, whether in the thighs, knees, calves or ankles, you can use some of the following products that have been specially developed to counteract your most problematic symptoms and improve your quality of life, as well as products to prevent future injuries.
Ice Massage Roller Ball (Pink)$23.55 Add to cart
Peanut Massage Roller (Pink)$23.55 Add to cart
Trigger Point Massage Hook for Neck, Back & Shoulders (Green)$35.35 Add to cart
Foam Roller for Back, Legs, Calf & Hamstrings (Black/Gray)$29.45 Add to cart
Acupressure Mat and Pillow (Pink/Bordeaux)$58.97 Add to cart
Heating Pad for Microwave Classic Bottle Shaped (Hearts)$29.45 Add to cart
Microwave Heating Pad Extra Large for Back Pain Relief (Sport)$35.35 Add to cart
Microwaveable Heating Pad for Pain Relief (Oxford)$23.55 Add to cart
Thigh Compression Sleeve (Green/Navy)$29.45 Add to cart
Calf Compression Sleeve (Pink/Bordeaux)$29.45 Add to cart
Knee Compression Sleeve (Green/Navy)$29.45 Add to cart
Patella Knee Strap (Black/Gray)$29.45 Add to cart