One of the most troublesome ailments for anyone who suffers from it is undoubtedly neck pain. This sharp, stabbing complaint is often just a symptom of other health problems, which although not always serious, can have a very negative effect on the quality of life of any person.
Fortunately, many products have now been developed to help alleviate the symptoms of this ailment, which it is estimated that at least 90% of people suffer from at least once in their lives.
What are the causes and symptoms of neck pain?
Neck pain is just a symptom of a larger problem that is not always serious, but will always cause a lot of discomfort and detract from our quality of life. Below we show you the main causes and symptoms of this ailment so that you can identify what could be the origins of this discomfort.
The first thing to do is to identify the causes of neck pain, as it can originate in many ways.
Here are the most common causes:
- Muscle tension: Sitting for long periods of time working at a computer or looking at a mobile phone generates tension in the muscles which, when accumulated, causes mild neck pain. Other activities such as high-impact sports also create this tension in the neck.
- Joint wear and tear: accumulating stress over many years causes wear and tear on the joints in the neck, which is reflected in pain that, on this occasion, can become chronic if not treated correctly.
- Herniated disc: although these usually originate in the lower back, by pinching a specific nerve they can cause the entire nervous system of the spine to tighten, causing pain in the trapezius muscles and the cervical area.
- Whiplash: this sudden movement, which can usually occur in a traffic accident or from impact sports such as rugby or boxing, can cause an injury to the neck joints, resulting in severe pain.
- Illnesses: arthritis, arthrosis, meningitis and even cancer can cause damage to the whole organism that is reflected in neck pain as one of the symptoms, although it is not the most common, it is good to know about it.
Simple neck pain is actually a symptom of a larger problem, but it can be accompanied by other sensations such as:
- Pain when turning the neck.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Tiredness and weakness.
- Visual disturbances.
- Ringing in the ears.
- Tingling in the shoulders and hands.
- Numbness in the arms.
- Pain in the lower arm.
These symptoms are just some of the symptoms we may suffer from along with neck pain, and although it is not usually a serious problem, we recommend seeing a doctor for a more accurate assessment.
List of the best products for neck pain relief
Fortunately, medicine and technology have worked hand in hand to develop various products that are ideal for relieving neck pain thanks to the application of therapies such as compression therapy, cryotherapy or thermotherapy. Here is a list of the most effective products to combat neck and shoulder pain.
Ice Massage Roller Ball (Pink)£17,20 Add to basket
Peanut Massage Roller (Green)£17,20 Add to basket
Trigger Point Massage Hook for Neck, Back & Shoulders (Navy)£25,82 Add to basket
Acupressure Mat and Pillow (Pink/Bordeaux)£43,07 Add to basket
Microwaveable Wheat Bag for Pain Relief (Sport)£21,51 Add to basket
Microwave Wheat Bag for Neck & Shoulder Pain Relief (Oxford)£21,51 Add to basket
Microwave Wheat Bag for Neck Pain Relief (Hearts)£17,20 Add to basket
Shoulder Support (Green)£25,82 Add to basket