Over the years, the knees suffer from wear and tear on the cartilage, especially if you have led a sedentary and excessive lifestyle during this time. This is why for most people, after the age of 30, pain in the knee joint is commonplace.
Fortunately, there are several products that can relieve knee pain, so that people can lead a better lifestyle regardless of their age. All this thanks to the collaboration of medicine and technology.
What are the causes and symptoms of knee pain?
The knee is one of the joints that we use the most in our daily lives, so pain or discomfort in them can greatly affect the development of our daily activities, whether at work or playing sports.
Knees can hurt for many reasons; from injuries to chronic illnesses. Here are some of the most common causes of knee pain.
- Knee sprain: if we suffer a fall that generates an unnatural movement of the knee, the ligaments in this will be partially or totally torn, which will not only generate pain for several days, but also swelling.
- Torn ligaments: The knee has four ligaments; the inner and outer lateral ligaments and the two cruciate ligaments. When one of them is torn due to a sprain, it causes swelling and pain that will limit the movement of the joint.
- Patellar tendonitis: over the years, the patellar tendon wears down, causing any impact or overuse to irritate and inflame the tendon, causing a shooting pain in the centre of the knee, just inside the kneecap.
- Damage to the meniscus: when this cartilaginous tissue wears out or tears, it manifests itself with severe pain in the knees, as well as a lot of stiffness when bending the joint.
- Bursitis: when the synovial fluid sacs in the knee become inflamed, severe pain occurs, which is aggravated when trying to rest the foot on the affected leg.
- Fracture: both the patella and the lower head of the femur or the tibia and fibula can fracture and cause pain in the knee, this is a serious injury that requires surgery.
- Band syndrome: when the iliotibial band becomes inflamed, which runs from the side of the hip to the knee section itself, it causes pain in both joints and even in the thighs.
- Osteoarthritis: wear and tear on the cartilage is one of the most common causes of knee pain in people over the age of 50.
- Dislocated kneecap: a dislocation can cause the kneecap to slip out of position, resulting in severe pain, swelling and difficulty bending the knee.
All of the above causes are not only manifested by knee pain, but are accompanied by other signs or discomfort such as the following:
- Warm knee.
- Popping sounds when bending the knee.
- Unable to straighten the knee completely.
- Failure to bear weight on the knee.
- Pain when trying to bend.
- Difficulty walking.
- Pain with increasing walking speed.
List of the best products for knee pain relief
To relieve knee pain you can use any of the following products that we present below, as they are the most efficient on the market, being able to apply different therapies for prevention or recovery to mitigate any symptoms of an injury or illness in the knees.
2 Pack Knee Compression Sleeve (Black/Gray)
2 Pack Knee Compression Sleeve (Green/Navy)
2 Pack Knee Compression Sleeve (Pink/Bordeaux)
2 Pack Patella Knee Strap (Black/Gray)
2 Pack Patella Knee Strap (Green/Navy)
2 Pack Patella Knee Strap (Pink/Bordeaux)
Microwave Wheat Bag Extra Large for Back Pain Relief (Hearts)
Microwave Wheat Bag Extra Large for Back Pain Relief (Oxford)
Microwave Wheat Bag Extra Large for Back Pain Relief (Sport)
Microwaveable Wheat Bag for Pain Relief (Hearts)
Microwaveable Wheat Bag for Pain Relief (Oxford)
Microwaveable Wheat Bag for Pain Relief (Sport)
Wheat Bag for Microwave Classic Bottle Shaped (Hearts)
Wheat Bag for Microwave Classic Bottle Shaped (Oxford)
Wheat Bag for Microwave Classic Bottle Shaped (Sport)