By using the acupressure mat, you apply all the benefits of acupuncture in a single product that is easy to apply and with a minimum of risk if you take into account our recommendations on time and method of use.
Anxiety is a mental condition that can easily alter the correct muscular, myofascial and sleep phases. We comment that all these characteristics can be treated from the first session of routines with this product. Learn in this article recommendations, tips and ideas on how you can get the most out of the acupressure mat.
How can using the acupressure mat help to reduce anxiety?
Those who suffer from anxiety know that it is a permanent condition that generates fears, uncertainties, insomnia and a host of emotional and physical signs that are visible and affect people's quality of life. The acupressure mat has several ways of offering physical benefits so that people quickly perceive a sense of bodily stability that in the medium and long term generates emotional stability.
This is how the acupressure mat helps to attack anxiety:
- Reduce tension: one of the consequences of stress is to keep the body tense, this creates knots in the muscle fibres that are annoying for people and affect their daily lives.
- Calms thoughts: those 15 or 20 minutes of use of the mat make you keep your mind focused on the exercise and take that moment away from the problems that affect you.
- It releases oxytocins and endorphins: these are natural hormones that generate bodily wellbeing by helping to relax the fibres and control the metabolism. People are often unaware of these important benefits.
- Better distributes energy: as it is designed according to acupuncture principles, the acupressure mat means that the energy load is not concentrated in one part of the body.
- Treats headaches: headaches are sometimes caused by neck and shoulder contractures. By simply placing your body on the mat, you help the muscles to ungroup and reduce the headache.
- Create a healthy habit: by using this product on a daily basis, you take care of your mind and body, thus avoiding muscular ailments as a consequence of stress and anxiety. There are no limitations in the use of this product as long as you respect the time of use per session.
- It is an ally for yoga and pilates: the use of the mat maximizes the benefits of these practices to which you are assiduous and that contribute to reduce anxiety levels, to give way to a better sleep and mood.
How to use the acupressure mat to eliminate your anxiety problems for good?
As you are looking for intense relaxation, you don't need to perform movement routines. You only need to perform a few positions on this product for the lotus flowers to initiate a muscular and myofascial relaxation process.
For the back
- Place the mat and pad on the floor.
- Lie down slowly on the mat.
- At first, the lotus flowers will be uncomfortable as the body adjusts.
- The cushion should be under the head, covering most of the neck.
- Stretch out your feet and extend your arms in a relaxed manner.
- You can hold this position for 10-15 minutes.
- Avoid falling asleep so as not to extend the suggested time.
For the lower back
You can also focus the relaxation on the lumbar region, but for that you have to make some adjustments:
- Place the acupressure cushion under the coccyx.
- Bend both legs without taking your feet off the floor.
- Try to breathe gently.
- Hold this position for another 10 minutes, as long as there is no discomfort.
- If you wish, you can rotate your hips to both sides.
For chest and abdomen
It is also important to stimulate the chest and abdomen, so follow these steps:
- Turn your body upside down.
- The mat should touch from your chest to your thighs.
- Your face and arms should not be on the product.
- Keep your breathing smooth.
- You can stay in this position for an additional 10 minutes.
And if you are one of those people who feel stress in your feet, then you should work this area carefully:
- Place the acupressure mat on the floor.
- Stand on it with your feet together.
- Remember not to make any movements.
- You can stay in this position for five minutes if you do not feel any discomfort.
- Be careful not to lose your balance during this time.
Tips for a calmer life without stress and anxiety attacks
In addition to using this product to attack stress, there are some changes you can make in your life to help you better channel your emotions and gain more control over the symptoms that anxiety and stress leave in your body.
- Doing sport: sport distracts the mind, keeps the body active and prevents people from concentrating on negative thoughts that lead to stress and anxiety.
- Regular massages: Along with mat stimulation, massaging reduces muscle tension, calms thoughts and relieves the stiffness that the body suffers when entering a state of mental tension.
- Use a Foam Roller: this is a great product for the body to better adapt and resist the tensions that the mind provokes. It is enough to make gentle, shallow strokes to release the fascia.
- Yoga and meditation: both are practices that help keep the body in tune with positive thoughts. Both modalities encourage creativity and stimulate action.
- Reduce leisure time: look for hobbies, do some outdoor physical activity such as walking, seek out positive people to have ongoing conversations and keep the mind from getting caught up in negativity.
- Look at the glass half full: seeing problems from a different point of view is also useful, it is not advisable to have only the perspective of the negative consequences.
- Establish priorities: if there is something that does not have a solution, simply face reality and continue with your life focusing on the situations that do have a solution.
- Seek professional support: do not feel sorry or afraid to get help from a psychologist, because stress is a real scenario and anxiety is a condition that people cannot control on their own in most cases.