The lower back is an area with a large number of nerves which, if compressed by muscle tension or for any other reason, can cause acute low back pain that not only causes discomfort but also affects the sufferer’s quality of life.
Although most lower back pain is caused by minor problems such as muscle strains, it is always necessary to treat them to prevent them from becoming a chronic problem. This can be done by using products specially designed to alleviate the symptoms of lower back pain.
What are the causes and symptoms of low back pain?
Lower back pain can be acute and intense, recurring or appearing when we make simple movements such as getting up from the sofa, picking up objects from the floor, etc.
There are several causes of low back pain, and although many of them are harmless, there are cases in which they indicate a serious condition that must be treated seriously.
Among the most common causes we can identify the following:
- Muscle strain: if you feel a muscle pull when trying to lift a heavy object, this is a clear indication that one of the lumbar muscles has become distended, which will cause it to become inflamed and cause pain for several days.
- Fractures or fissures: whether in the spinal cord or a disc close to it due to diseases such as osteoporosis or direct trauma, this will cause pain in the lower back area that can last for weeks until the fissure resolves.
- Muscle spasm: Whether from intense sporting activity or from being physically unprepared for such activity, a spasm in the lower back muscle will cause acute pain until it heals completely.
- Herniated disc: if a disc compresses a nerve by being displaced from its position, this will cause pain, not only in the lumbar area, but also throughout the back and may even extend to the buttocks and legs.
- Scoliosis: any deformity or exaggerated curvature of the spine will generate intense pain in the lumbar area and the entire back until this deformity, which is usually inherited on most occasions, is corrected.
- Arthritis: this disease degrades the cartilage of all bones, including the vertebrae of the spine and spinal cord, which can be a clear cause of lumbago.
- Sciatica: When we suffer from a pinched sciatic nerve, this produces a very uncomfortable pain in the lumbar area, which can extend to the buttocks, legs and even to the ankle.
Low back pain may be accompanied by many other symptoms that will be a confirmation that the cause of it all is a much more serious illness or injury that needs to be treated as soon as possible.
Among the most common we can identify:
- Limitations in flexing the lumbar area.
- Numbness in the buttocks and legs.
- Shooting pain when sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Muscle contractures.
- Lack of mobility.
- Stiffness and general discomfort.
List of the best products to relieve lower back pain
Here is the list of the most efficient products to treat lower back pain. These products will alleviate the pain and what’s more, they can be preventive so that new ailments do not arise in the lower back area.
Ice Massage Roller Ball (Pink)$29,59 Add to cart
Peanut Massage Roller (Navy)$29,59 Add to cart
Trigger Point Massage Hook for Neck, Back & Shoulders (Green)$44,43 Add to cart
Foam Roller for Back, Legs, Calf and Hamstrings (Pink/Bordeaux)$37,01 Add to cart
Acupressure Mat and Pillow (Black/Gray)$74,10 Add to cart
Heating Pad for Microwave Classic Bottle Shaped (Hearts)$37,01 Add to cart
Microwave Heating Pad for Neck & Shoulder Pain Relief (Oxford)$37,01 Add to cart
Microwave Heating Pad Extra Large for Back Pain Relief (Sport)$44,43 Add to cart
Microwaveable Heating Pad for Pain Relief (Hearts)$29,59 Add to cart
Back Support Belt (Green)$59,26 Add to cart
Sacroiliac Support Belt (Pink)$59,26 Add to cart