There is no doubt that our hands are the most exposed extremity of our anatomy, and therefore also the most delicate, with wrist and hand pain being one of the most common ailments worldwide, as well as one of the most uncomfortable.
For many people this can become a chronic problem that impairs their quality of life, which is why medicine and technology have joined forces to develop products that help the most to combat this ailment.
What are the causes and symptoms of hand and wrist pain?
The wrist and hands are the extremity that is most exposed to blows, burns, cuts and wounds of all kinds as we carry out the vast majority of daily activities with them. This joint is made up of bones, ligaments, tendons and muscle that can be prone to injury.
Without a doubt, pain in the wrist is a clear indication of much greater damage to the limb and joint, being linked to all kinds of injuries, degenerative diseases and even nerve syndromes such as those mentioned below.
Let’s look at the most common causes of wrist, hand and finger pain:
- Fractures: if you suffer a fall in which the wrist is used to try to cushion the blow, one of the bones may fracture, causing not only pain but also inflammation and almost completely limiting the mobility of the limb.
- Sprains: It is common in high-impact sports for sprained hands and wrists to damage or injure a ligament, causing acute pain for several days. Examples include boxing, basketball or volleyball.
- Tension build-up: whether it’s typing on a computer keyboard or pen, cleaning the house or even playing sports. All these activities accumulate tension in the wrist which, if not relaxed with rest, can lead to slight inflammation of the cartilage and ligaments, resulting in pain.
- Arthritis: this degenerative disease, which causes heavy wear and tear on the cartilage, can be reflected in symptoms such as chronic wrist pain.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: when the nerve in the wrist becomes inflamed, it generates constant pain that appears when the hand is used for a prolonged period of time. It is a chronic condition that requires medical attention to determine the best treatment.
- Ganglion: this is a cyst or lump that appears on the wrist and, in addition to being painful, also affects the mobility of the entire joint. It is a benign cyst.
Wrist pain does not usually occur on its own, but is also accompanied by other symptoms such as those explained below:
- Limitation in the mobility of the joint.
- Tingling or numbness of the fingers.
- Loss of strength.
- Inability to grasp objects with the injured hand.
List of the best products for hand and wrist pain relief
To relieve pain in the hands, fingers and wrists, you can make use of certain products specially developed to combat this ailment. Here is a list of the best products currently available to alleviate or cure the symptoms of wrist joint injuries.
Acupressure Mat and Pillow (Black/Gray)$64,95 Add to cart
Acupressure Mat and Pillow (Green/Navy)$64,95 Add to cart
Acupressure Mat and Pillow (Pink/Bordeaux)$64,95 Add to cart
Foot Massage Roller for Plantar Fasciitis (Black)$26,50 Add to cart
Foot Massage Roller for Plantar Fasciitis (Green)$26,50 Add to cart
Foot Massage Roller for Plantar Fasciitis (Pink)$26,50 Add to cart
Microwaveable Heating Pad for Pain Relief (Hearts)$32,95 Add to cart
Microwaveable Heating Pad for Pain Relief (Oxford)$32,95 Add to cart
Microwaveable Heating Pad for Pain Relief (Sport)$32,95 Add to cart
Set 2 Mittens: Arthritis Gloves for Microwave (Hearts)$39,95 Add to cart
Set 2 Mittens: Arthritis Gloves for Microwave (Oxford)$39,95 Add to cart
Set 2 Mittens: Arthritis Gloves for Microwave (Sport)$39,95 Add to cart
Wrist Brace (Black/Gray)$26,50 Add to cart
Wrist Brace (Green/Navy)$26,50 Add to cart
Wrist Brace (Pink/Bordeaux)$26,50 Add to cart