The elbow is one of the joints that we use most in our daily lives; whether it is for greeting, hugging a loved one, cooking, cleaning the house, bathing and a long etcetera of activities in which the mobility of the elbow is necessary. That is why elbow pain can have a very negative effect on our lifestyle.
Fortunately, there are several ways to solve this problem, and one of them is by using certain products designed to alleviate this symptom that can be an indication of a major problem in the joint.
What are the causes and symptoms of elbow pain?
Elbow pain is much more annoying than you might think, especially when it becomes a chronic, recurring ailment that recurs constantly throughout a patient’s life.
There can be many causes of elbow joint pain because, as we have pointed out, it can be a symptom of a larger problem.
Among the most common reasons for elbow pain we have:
- Trauma: if your elbow has recently received a blow to one of its bones or tendons, it is normal to feel a sharp pain for a few days, especially when you try to move it.
- Osteoarthritis: this degenerative disease is often the most common cause of elbow pain, especially in older people or veteran athletes in high-intensity sports.
- Elbow fracture: if any of the bones have been broken, the joint will not only hurt, but will also become swollen if it is not treated as soon as possible by a specialist.
- Prolonged elbowresting: in office jobs where the elbow is held on the desk for a long time, this ailment can occur immediately after changing position or in the following days.
- Sprains: if the elbow is forced to perform a movement that is not natural for it, the damage to the ligaments and muscles will cause discomfort for several days until the soft tissues regenerate.
- Brusitis: if the synovial fluid sac in the joint becomes inflamed, it is normal to feel a sharp pain when trying to flex the elbow, which worsens if the joint is not given proper rest.
- Tendonitis: some injuries such as tennis elbow or lateral epicondylitis can cause pain in the joint due to damage and inflammation of the tendons in the joint.
In addition to the elbow pain itself, the above conditions can cause other symptoms such as the following:
- Stiffness when moving the elbow.
- Inflammation of the area.
- Deformity of the joint.
- Pain radiating into the forearm.
- Loss of strength in the forearm.
- Loss of mobility.
- General discomfort.
It is best to see a doctor who will closely evaluate the problem and can make a more concrete diagnosis as to what may be the cause of this ailment.
List of the best products for elbow pain relief
To heal elbow pain as well as possible, you can use one of the following specialised products that we recommend below, so that you can solve this ailment as soon as possible or even prevent future injuries to the joint.